Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Alonzo S. & Olive M. Curl ~ Fourth Couple to be Superintendent & Matron of the Friends Boarding Home

TRAGIC DEATH
OCCURS MONDAY

May 11, 1933 Western Star
Alonzo Curl Suffers Fatal
Injuries In Fall At
Waynesville

His mind evidently temporarily deranged by several weeks of intense suffering, Alonzo Curl, superintendent of the Friends Home at Waynesville jumped from a window of his apartment
at that place shortly before midnight Monday suffering injuries that resulted in his death within a few minutes. According to a story of one of the witnesses to the tragedy, Mrs. Curl had called Marshal C. P. Joy and other friends to assist the physician in administering a sedative when her husband became violently delirious at about 11 o’clock. With this accomplished, Mr. Curl appeared to be somewhat easier but he suddenly rushed to an open window and jumped, falling a distance of about 15 feet. He struck a concrete walk head first and although assistance was immediately rushed to the injured man, he lived but a few minutes. It is believed that a fractured skull was the cause of death. Funeral services were held at the A. H. Stubbs funeral parlors on Wednesday afternoon, the Rev. G. C. Dibert officiating. Interment was made at Wilmington. Mr. Curl, who was about 65 years of age, was a native of Clinton County having spent most of his life in the vicinity of Wilmington and later at Clarksville. He came to Waynesville in September, 1930 to assume the superintendency of the Friends Home. His widow, Mrs. Olive Curl, survives.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I constantly emailed this web site post page to all my
contacts, for the reason that if like to read it after that my contacts will too.
My webpage: cheap iPhone 5 for sale online

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first time visit at here and i am genuinely pleassant to read
all at one place.

Also visit my weblog :: 411 pain scam
My webpage - get the 411 pain

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up, after reading this amazing article i am also cheerful to share my familiarity here with mates.

Here is my webpage :: gracie st sugustine

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter
to be actually something which I think I would never understand.

It seems too complex and very broad for me.
I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

Feel free to surf to my blog; job search
My site: job search

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favourite reason seemed to
be on the internet the easiest thing to have in
mind of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while
people think about worries that they just do not understand about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as well as
outlined out the whole thing without having side-effects , folks could take a signal.
Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

Also visit my web site silk scarf

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing issues here. I'm very satisfied to look your post. Thank you so much and I am having a look forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

Also visit my site :: handjobteens

5:22 AM  
Blogger Vina Janny said...

The low lying water tap necessitate a wand that has a long reach and also, you can select between a high-arc which are popular due to their modern design, and standard water tap. It is essential to know as well the models that would complement in your existing kitchen sink or if you have chosen the basin tap first, make sure you exactly know the model you should choose in order for you to go for the right sink that would perfectly complement it.

8:09 PM  
Blogger mytapworld said...

Kitchen curtains are accessible in altered types which accomplish it accessible to baddest tapworld that will clothing your Taps Australia . It is brash that if you wish to buy these items,you charge to attending at the decor of your Kitchen taps as able-bodied as the sinks so as to beat and accomplish the absolute allowance attending marvelous.Shower heads
We are Professional manufacturer of high qualityTaps online . We offer a collection of more than 10,000 Taps in our www.tapworld.com.au

8:04 PM  
Blogger finestglasses said...

my ability to climb overhanging routes where a lot of body tension sunglasses is needed.
It also hurts my ability to check out the route

8:19 PM  
Blogger Echo Chen said...

This article gold taps explains the crucial queries that you simply must Antique Taps think about when purchasing new taps for your bathroom taps. The information is aimed at buyers Stainless Steel Taps in the United kingdom.http://www.uktap.co.uk

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home